Industrial components are subjected to destructive environments involving friction, erosion, high temperature and corrosion. These usually occur in combination with each other. At some point, the part must be replaced or overhauled. By applying laser clad materials for hard facing or repair the components can be quickly restored to original dimensions often with better mechanical or physical properties than the original.
Benefits of Laser Cladding the Maintenance & Repair industry:
- Compared to purchasing a new component, laser cladding is generally more economical (price and lifespan).
- Enhanced properties (wear, hard facing, corrosion resistance) can be “added” to parts making them better than original
- A worn-out product becomes a high-quality and valuable component once again.
- Often the lead-times are much shorter than obtaining a new part.
- The laser Cladding process has a minimal effect on the characteristics of the base material, compared to most competitive overlay techniques such as PTA or Welding.